Local Attractions and Amenities:
Clare is one of Ireland’s premier tourist counties with the Atlantic coast, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren on the western seaboard, and bounded in the east by Lough Derg and the river Shannon – Ireland’s longest river. Located nearby is the city of Limerick – European City of Sport in 2011 renowned for its sporting venues and tradition. There is a wide choice of interesting day visitor attractions, entertainment options and shopping nearby including:
Day Visitor Attractions:
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Kanppogue Castle
- King John’s Castle in Limerick
- Craggaunowen Bronze Age Settlement
- The Cliffs of Moher
- The Hunt Museum in Limerick
- The Milk Market in Limerick
- Adare Village
- Lough Gur ancient settlement
- Mediaeval banquets at Bunratty and Knapogue Castles and Irish dance show at the Bunratty Barn
- Internationl music concerts in the University Concert Hall in Limerick
- Traditional Irish music in local pubs most nights with music concerts at Glor in Ennis
- Blarney Woollen Mills,
- Bunratty offers excellent shopping
- Within the Folk Park there is a range of smaller craft type shops
- Ballycasey Craft Centre is located about 3 miles away close to Shannon.
- Limerick and Ennis have interesting markets each Saturday morning
- Limerick, Ennis and Shannon have large department stores, supermarkets and shopping centres.
- New and traditional Irish cuisine, especially fresh seafood can be tasted.
- The Creamery, Bunratty Manor, Gallagher’s Fish Restaurant, JP Clarkes, Durty Nellies, Lily Mai’s Cafe are some options. Within the Folk Park there are the tea rooms and also Macs traditional pub also serves lunch.